Followers

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Smiley cartridge

Hi everybody,
I haven't posted in a bit, busy at work and also didn't seem to have much inspiration.  BUT, with the new update on the gypsy, I couldn't wait to see the new Smiley cartridge!!!  I was lucky, for gypsy owner that registered by Oct. 31st, they were getting 6 cartridges.  I only had one of them, woo woo!!!  It took me a while to get the updates.  I have a Mac and the new Gypsy software doesn't work for it yet.  I had to use VMWare and that took forever!!!! 
Anywho, I made this card and I used the sketch at PKS for challenge 40.
 The cardstock, ink and ribbon is SU, the patterned paper is from Creative Memories.  The cracked egg is from the new cartridge Smiley and the border is from Gypsy Wandering.  I added crystal effect on the eyes and also on the tag.  I ran a needle through the crystal effect while it was still wet to make it look like it was cracked.  I added some doodling and some bling with my I-Rock!
The saying can be  translated by:  "You're cracked..."  which means you're crazy!!!
Inside the card it says:  "But it's the way we love you.  Don't change!"  (Pis c'est comme ça qu'on t'aime!  Change pas.)
This card is for my husband's uncle.  He's such a dear and always so funny and out of this world!  Also, the fleur de lys represent the province he lives in.
Hope he likes it,
Brigitte

6 comments:

Miss Giebel said...

Hi Brigitte,
It looks like you are enjoying your Smiley cartridge as much as I am. Your little cracked egg card is so cute!! I don't know were to find a hand book for the Smiley cart. I checked cricut dot com but they did not have one posted yet. I'm hoping they will. :)

Glora said...

Je l'adore! Ca ma fait rire :). This is awesome!!! Great job Briggite. This egg is AWESOME!

Maggie Lamarre said...

brigitte,
C'est chouette that carte.

Maggie
come visit yummy designs using Cricut and other products at
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Janice W. said...

Funny card! Thanks for the tip for cracking the krystal effects. So glad you played along with us at PKS! Good luck!

Claire Langan said...

Cute and funny card...

*Kelly* said...

That is a great card. so funny! I have many friends i could give that too!