Followers

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Candy Cane Christmas card

Hi crafters,
I made this card for Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge 121.
****Challenge is based on "ORIGINALITY"
****Must be a "FOOD" theme project!
****Use "FROM MY KITCHEN" cartridge OR if you do NOT own this cart, feel free to use any older cartridge you have just as long as it has to do with "FOOD"!
****Must be an ORIGINAL project made especially for THIS challenge
****ONE entry Per Person Please.
****Deadline for project will be WEDNESDAY, Nov. 10th @ 6:00pm PST
****Last but Not Least~ HAVE FUN!!

 I don't own From my Kitchen cartridge so I used Joys of the season.  
 The paper, ink and stamp is SU.  The ribbon is from Wallmart.  I added some rhinestone with my I-Rock and some Crystal Effect on the red part of the cane.  I also did some faux stitching with my black marker and cuttlebugged the top part with the swiss dot folder.  The border punch is MS.   For the candy cane, I changed it with my Gypsy (the best purchase ever!!!).  I thought it was too skinny, so I used the slant advance option to 0.30 and removed the other part I didn't want.  I bought some Zip Dry glue, you probably heard about this product from Emma, lol!!!  I just love it!!!  It just smells a little ;)
For the strip of paper,  I used this technique on another one of my project, you can see it here.
I made a 4¼" by 5½" piece and then cut it up, I can use the rest later on something else! 
You can't really see it in the photos, but it's very sparkly!!!
I hope you like my card,
Brigitte

4 comments:

Adrian said...

Very cute card!

girlia said...

Love the embossing and the card

Sonia Foster said...

Tres belle carte:) Sonia

My Creative Time said...

WOW!!! THIS IS SUCH A PRETTY CARD!!! GREAT JOB W/THE CHALLENGE!
BIG GYPSY HUGS,
EMMA;)